KWQ005 - Controllers Web Quest
If you look beyond deployment, which is great for running application with high availability, kubernetes supports variety of workloads. The purpose of this web quest is understand at a depth, the gamut of controllers that kubernetes supports and how each of that behaves.
Your task is to work in your group, research on the controllers and workloads that the kubernetes supports, the purpose of each and how they behave. You would try to find answers to the following questions and present on the topic briefly.
Following are the controllers you would research on
- Describe and compare type of controllers available with kubernetes. Explain the purpose, key feature and the type of work load each is suitable for,
- Which controllers would you pick to run the following applications ? Why ?
- a stateless web frontend
- cassandra db cluster
- monitoring agents
- scheduled jobs
- ad-hoc load tests
Following is the process you could loosely follow,
- Start researching on web and reading individually about the topic. Reference the links and articles in the resources section while you do so.
- Reflect on how it could apply to your work environment. Speak with with the relevant teams in your organisation if needed gain insights into current implementation, what are the issues being faced. Think about how you could you apply the knowledge you have researched on.
- Have a group discussion with within your group, exchange what you have learnt as well as your experience with the topic in your prior/existing projects. You may come up with the notes and common points you would like to present.
- Prepare a short 5/10 minutes presentation to explain the topic and answer the questions given in the task section above.