KWQ002 - Kubernetes Security Web Quest
Security is a critical aspect while designing, building and maintaining any application infrastructure including kubernetes environemnts. With this exercise you are on a quest to find the measures you could implement to harden your kubernetes environment holistically.
Your task is to work in your group, research on security measures at every level, and try to find answers to the following questions. You will present on the topic briefly.
- Provide an example of a major kubernetes vulnerability and how it had an adverse impact on an organisation.
- What are the security measures you would take to harden your kubernetes environment ?
- In your opinion, which is the most overlooked aspect of Kubernetes Security ?
Following is the process you could loosely follow,
- Start researching on web and reading individually about the topic. Reference the links and articles in the resources section while you do so.
- Reflect on how it could apply to your work environment. Speak with with the relevant teams in your organisation if needed gain insights into current implementation, what are the issues being faced. Think about how you could you apply the knowledge you have researched on.
- Have a group discussion with within your group, exchange what you have learnt as well as your experience with the topic in your prior/existing projects. You may come up with the notes and common points you would like to present.
- Prepare a short 5/10 minutes presentation to explain the topic and answer the questions given in the task section above.