KWQ001 - CNI Web Quest
Kubernetes has adapted Container Network Interface(CNI) as a standard to provide networking between pods running across hosts and to assign those with IP addresses. The purpose of this Web Quest is to compare the CNI plugins available, and make recommendations based on the merit that you find in those.
Your task is to work in your group, research on CNI plugins, try to find answers to the following questions, and present briefly on it.
- Why did kubernetes choose CNI (Container Network Interface) as a networking standard instead of CNM (Container Network Management ) that
- List down some of the most popular CNI plugins. How do they compare, what are the key differences ?
- What are some of the advantages of using Calico as a CNI plugin ?
- Do you see any issues with network implementation in your organisation ? If yes, briefly describe.
- Which CNI plugin would you choose for your project ? Why ?
Following is the process you could loosely follow,
- Start researching on web and reading individually about the topic. Reference the links and articles in the resources section while you do so.
- Reflect on how it could apply to your work environment. Speak with with the relevant teams in your organisation if needed gain insights into current implementation, what are the issues being faced. Think about how you could you apply the knowledge you have researched on.
- Have a group discussion with within your group, exchange what you have learnt as well as your experience with the topic in your prior/existing projects. You may come up with the notes and common points you would like to present.
- Prepare a short 5/10 minutes presentation to explain the topic and answer the questions given in the task section above.